‘Fakeaway’ Competition Terms and Conditions
As part of our Money Week 20 event, we are running a ‘Fakeaway’ competition to win £100 – here are the terms and conditions for entry:
- The promoter is: The University of Northampton whose registered office is at Waterside Campus, University Drive, Northampton, NN1 5PH.
2. The competition is open to students enrolled on courses whose tuition fees are paid directly to The University of Northampton only (either paying their own fees, through a Tuition fee loan, or paid by an employer), except employees of The University of Northampton.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. Closing date for entry will be Friday 28 February 2020. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted or counted.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Create your own version of a takeaway meal, take a photo, include the recipe, and share it with us through Instagram or Facebook using #uonfakeaways; you must also be following the Student Services Instagram or Facebook accounts.
Students who do not have a Facebook or Instagram account may submit their entries by emailing the Financial Guidance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Students are welcome to submit multiple entries to this competition. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
11. The prize is as follows: £100 cash paid to the student’s nominated bank account. The student will need to provide the team with confirmation of their bank account details (including their account name, account number, and sort code) to arrange a transfer of funds. The prize is as stated and no other alternatives will be offered.
12. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges (which will consist of members of the Financial Guidance Team) who will select the ‘best recipe’.
13. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram or Facebook within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
14. The promoter will notify the winner of how their prize can be claimed.
15. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
18. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
19. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address:email@example.com.
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
22. Your competition entry may be shared on The University of Northampton’s Social Media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.