Please ensure you check eligibility criteria for funding before making an application.
Student Finance Loans
- Student Finance Tuition Fee Loan (up to £9,250)
- Student Finance Maintenance Loan (up to £9,706, students on long courses such as Nursing may be eligible for slightly more maintenance loan)
Student Finance Loans are only repayable upon leaving University once you are earning over the threshold. The amount you repay is according to the amount you earn (for students starting in 2022-23 is 9% of your earnings over £27,295 upon leaving University). Find out more information here.
Student Finance Grants
- Parents Learning Allowance (up to £1,863 for students with children)
- Childcare Grant (up to £315.03 a week for students with children under the age of 15, or under the age of 17 if they have special educational needs)
- Adult Dependents’ Grant (up to £3,263)
- Disabled Students’ Allowance (up to £25,575 for students with with a physical or mental disability)
Student Finance Grants are non-repayable.
For students studying Allied Health Professional courses such as Nursing (all strands), Midwifery, Podiatry, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, and Paramedic science.
- Training Grant (£5000 per academic year)
- Parental Support (£2000 per academic year for students with children under the age of 15, or under the age of 17 if they have special educational needs)
- Travel and Dual Accommodation Expenses (reimbursement of additional placement travel and temporary accommodation)
- Exceptional Support Fund (up to £3000 per academic year for students in unforeseen financial hardship)
University of Northampton Funding
- Scholarships: Bursaries, scholarships and awards | University of Northampton
- Care Leaver/Foyer/Estranged Student Award (up to £2000 per academic year)
- Carers Award (up to £2000 per academic year)
- Diagnostic Assessment Award (one-time award up to £350)
- Disabled Students Allowance Top Up Award (one-time award of £200)